Sunday, October 6, 2013



Dearest Family

I love you all with all of my heart! 

Tuesday we had to go to our emailing place to make a handout with our church info and a map on it. Sister Yoon used a special program to make it and while she was doing that I read conference talks on lds.org and did missionary portal things. You all know that Elder Holland is my favorite general authority, and I so I decided to read several talks by him. I felt prompted to read his talk about vineyards and the parable of the workers coming in at different times but all receiving the same pay. He then went on to talk about how it relates to the grace of God and the Atonement. There were two quotes in particular that I absolutely loved. "The formula of faith is to hold on, work on, see it through and let the distress of earlier hours - real or imagined fall away in the abundance of the final reward.”   So basically it was the greatest talk for me at that moment. I needed to remember that I am far from perfect, but God's love is perfect. After I have done all that I can I will still fall short, but still, as long as I have done my best, that is all that Heavenly Father wants from us. It was a really great realization. I will have more moments like this again, but I learn something new from them each time. When I experience trials I know they are for my growth. 

How was general conference?!?!?!?!??!! I get to see it this weekend, and I am beyond thrilled! What were your favorite talks? I love hearing the missionary stats, especially now that I am a missionary. I could have never dreamed my life would be what it is now , 4 or 5 years ago. I could have never imagined how wonderful it would be. Truly, our ways are not the Lords ways, but he always knows best. I know that so much!

These pictures are from proselyting in Central Park / Metapolis in Suwon. I tried to take a picture to show how cool it looks in the evening. We come here at least once a week for meeting with several of our investigators.

I love you all with all of my heart and I am so grateful for your support and for your constant encouragement. It makes a world of difference to me. You are all the best!!!!!!

Love, Goodnough 자매



1 comment:

  1. Melissa - you look so happy and I am so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete