Sunday, September 1, 2013

Week 2 in Korea

Sister Goodnough arriving at the Incheon Airport in Korea

Dearest Family,

I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH!

GUESS WHO IS IN MY WARD IN SUWON? RUBY! (My Freshman college room-mate) Yesterday as we were greeting
people in church I saw her walk in with two other people. I was so shocked and surprised! There are a couple wards in Suwon, and so many cities in Korea, and it is crazy that of all the wards, she is in mine! I got to sit with her in sacrament meeting
while my companion sat with another visitor. I bore my testimony in
sacrament meeting again and it always makes me happy when I get to
share it. Our bishop conducted interviews with the new members of our
ward and before I knew what was going on, Sister Yoon and I were
teaching  part of lesson 1. One of the sisters we taught, seemed so eager to learn more and her eyes lit up when we started to teach. I know that she will be blessed for her desires to learn more and for her willingness to meet with us. Truly, it was a blessing for me.

보빙수
We met with several investigators and they took us to dinner. Two memorable dinners. They took us to a Japanese restaurant. Where they ordered for me a huge hot pot and giant sashimi platter with about 12 pieces of sashimi.  Then, they took us for dessert and we ate 보빙수 which is basically a huge shaved ice with a scoop of ice cream, fruit, red beans, and this rice thing. It is super good.   We then taught a short lesson and she agreed
to meet with us more. We met her through our English class. Saturday night all the missionaries in our ward went over to the
second counselor’s home for dinner. We ate duck and soup. They are so kind to us, and I appreciate all that they do for us.


On a more serious note, I felt prompted to read 1 Nephi 3:7. I realized that I should be the happiest person in the world because I have the chance to be a missionary. Yes it is hard and yes there will be discouraging times, but this gospel is a gospel of happiness.
With so many reasons to be happy, our problems should not be our focus. Heavenly Father sent us to earth not to fail, but to succeed. Truly, I am so blessed to be a missionary.

Please let Grandpa Joe, Grandma Julie, Grandma Kathi, Grandma Marilyn,
and Unlce Jon know that I got their emails. I love them all so much and
appreciate them. I will get to all of the emails in the next coming
weeks.

I hope you all know how much I love you and how much I appreciate your
love and support. I can feel it lift me up.  You are the best!!!!!!!!!!!!
사랑합니다!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

<3 Goodnough 자매

No comments:

Post a Comment