Sunday, November 24, 2013

November 24, 2013


Dearest Family!

I love you all with all of my heart and soul!  I cannot wait to eat turkey and hopefully
something pumpkiny! The leaves are starting to fall and there are red,
orange, yellow, and green leaves everywhere! It is so beautiful, and
at least once, if not twice, I couldn't help but jump in a pile of
leaves and feel like a little kid again. It snowed for about 10
minutes on Monday, and Tuesday too. Yikes! I happily wear my purple
coat every single day. Most of the buildings we go into are warm and
our apartment is definitely nice and toasty.


I learned how to make kimchi boggeumbop, which is just kimchi, hot
sauce, tuna, vegetables and rice all cooked together, and I learned
how to make mandu soup, which is becoming my favorite soup here,
besides kimchi soup. Last week flew by so fast. Nothing too exciting
or different happened from other weeks. Other than the weather getting
colder, most everything is the same. I had a particularly cold day on
Thursday and at around 8 PM my companion and I just wanted to go home
and call it a night. Nobody we were talking with wanted to hear our
message and it was extra cold, but I decided to stick it out and
proselyte until 9 PM. The next day I read in Helaman about Nephi and
how he wanted to return home after days of preaching the gospel
because he was discouraged that nobody was listening, but after
praying, he decided to turn back and not go home. I found strength and
power from that verse for the rest of the week.

Today when I checked my email, I had an email from, a girl
I went to high school with. Her boyfriend is serving his mission in
Chile and she told me that she started reading the Book of Mormon. 
That was such happy news to me, but especially for her! I pray that she will truly want
to know more and that she really will want to know for herself about
the truthfulness of this gospel. 

Anyways, things here are good, and I am so happy to be a missionary.
Even when it is really hard and when I want to go back to my
apartment, I am still happy being a missionary here. I love you all
with all of my heart and soul! 

Love, Goodnough 자매

No comments:

Post a Comment